HealthAid Beetroot Extract – Superfood With All-round Benefits
Beetroot (Beta Vulgaris) is a root vegetable that is nutritionally dense in iron which contributes to the reduction of tiredness, folate (naturally occurring folic acid) which contributes to normal blood formation and normal function of the immune system. It also contains magnesium, potassium, vitamins A, B6, C, carbohydrates, protein, antioxidants and soluble fibre.
Its growing interest as a superfood is due to its active ingredients that pose health benefits. Beetroot is a good source of nitrates, which are important for nitric oxide (NO) production, a gaseous molecule with various health benefits.
Beetroot is also a rich source of phytochemical compounds and abundant in the highly bioactive pigments called betalains, shown to poses high antioxidant properties. Members of the betalain family are responsible for the vibrant colour of beetroots.
HealthAid® Beetroot Extract provides a high amount of beetroot extract (750mg) per capsule, with the added benefits of Vitamin B12 which contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, red blood cell formation and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Daily recommended intake of HealthAid Beetroot Extract:
Adults, two capsules daily. Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person.
** Free From Sugar, Salt, Gluten, Yeast, Lactose, Wheat, Soya, Dairy, Artificial Colours, Preservatives & Flavourings
** Food Supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
1) Clifford, M. et al. (2015). The potential benefits of red beetroot supplementation in health and disease. Nutrients. 7 (2), 2801-2822.
2) Siervo, M. et al. (2013). Inorganic Nitrate and Beetroot Juice Supplementation Reduces Blood Pressure in Adult: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. American Society for Nutrition. 13 (5), 818-826.
3) Cermark, N. et al. (2012). Nitrate Supplementation’s Improvement of 10-km Time-Trial Performance in Trained Cyclists. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 22 (2), 64-71.
4) Murphy, M. et al. (2012). Whole Beetroot Consumption Acutely Improves Running Performance. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 12 (7), 548-552.
Each Capsule Contains (Average)
Beetroot Extract (equivalent to 7500mg fresh beetroot powder)
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)
* EC Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) Not Yet Established
INGREDIENTS – BEETROOT EXTRACT:
Beetroot Powder (Beta Vulgaris), Capsule Shell [hydroxyl propyl methyl cellulose (HPMC)], Anti-caking Agent (magnesium stearate), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)